Tweet Tweet

Saturday 12 November 2011

The Wendys - Gobbledygook



If timing truly is the key then The Wendys had the ultimate misfortune of releasing this weeks before Factory  Records went tits up ! Like many of the bands around at the time and especially signed to Factory The Wendys were touted as the next Happy Mondays / New Order cash cow that Antony Wilson was desperately looking for, even though they actually came across as a poor mans Stone Roses.  

Taken out of that context this is actually a pretty cool record and stands the test of time quite easily. just like the last album posted by the Paris Angels this has one great single in "pulling my fingers off" which often finds itself on those compilations you used to find for a quid in the bargain bin of woolies!

Somethings Wrong Somewhere
Pulling My Fingers Off 
Half Blind
Suckling
Removal
Gobbledygook
I Want You and I Want Your Friend
Soon Is Fine
Half Pie
I Feel Lovely
The Suns Going to Shine For Me Soon


1 comment:

  1. I've got this album, underrated band The Wendys, "The Sun's Going To Shine For Me Soon" is a classic

    ReplyDelete