Tweet Tweet

Thursday 2 February 2012

The High - Somewhere Soon


Its not real surprise that The High followed the path well trodden by the Stone Roses, Andy Cousins the bands guitar slinger was formally a member of the roses and it really shows!

Lumped in with the madchester scene and with early singles produced by the legend that was Martin Hannett The high ticked all the boxes..... jangly guitar...... slightly disinterested lyrics and singing voice...... epic loopy drums... tales of legendary drug taking...... madchester by number might be doing it a slight disservice as actually it stands the test of time. 

This is my world and i will live in it !! 

Box Set Go
Take Your Time
This Is My World
Rather Be Marsanne
So I Can See
A Minor Turn
Dreams Of Dinesh
Up And Down
P.W.A.
Somewhere Soon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian, Ian here from http://turnonyourrecordplayer.blogspot.com/
    I put you on my Blog List. Any chance of returning the favour?
    Great work here. I've stepped in and out on many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By an amazing coincidence I had this on in the car this week. Must admit that I generally skip a couple of tracks but there are some bona fide classics on here.

    More Bodines/early James/Easterhouse than Roses/Mondays/Charlatans IMO......but there's nowt wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete